Monday, July 6, 2009

12 months ago, when I started the initial journey into 23 things, I mentioned the amount of fun friends had with RSS feeds - some with the intent of keeping abreast of important things like new developments on Dr Who, others with the intent of being absolutely absorbed by what RSS can provide.

A year later, I can still see the attraction for some people, I am hoping this time around I can RSS to keep an eye on some hobbies that interest me such as beading and YA literature. This time around I did not find that chose feeds all that different, bar one.

I still like the Powerhouse as I love the images it is able to share through the medium. I chose Dilbert again as I like the anarchy of the characters. I resubscribed to Katie Hacker as she has some stunning bead designs that are doable for those of us who do not have the time we would like to devote to a hobby. I chose Just In from the ABC News feeds because it remains a good way of staying in touch with news items. The chief difference this time is that I chose the Alternative Teen Services blog to get feeds from as a way of expanding thoughts about library services to teens.

I have not sourced a library blog yet to subscribe to for a feed, but suspect that Sutherland has a rather good one to keep an eye on. I think that if a library service or part thereof has a great blog, then it is an opportunity for clients to be aware of new collections, events, exisiting services and any other value added services that many public libraries now offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment